The novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has caused a major shortage in medical grade protective face masks for those who really need them, front-line health care workers.
It is suggested that the general population wear non-medical grade cloth masks. It is reported that just by simply wearing a face mask, you are less likely to touch your face. A simple face covering may potentially help to prevent the spread of the virus with asymptomatic people who unknowingly have it. It may reduce the number of droplets getting into the air from sneezing, coughing or simply talking. These masks are not meant to replace the N95 masks. Of course, handwashing, not touching your face and social distancing are of utmost importance.
Now on to why a hemp mask should be your number one choice.
1. Hemp material is antimicrobial, naturally resistant to mold and mildew. Especially important when wearing something covering your nose and mouth.
2. Hemp fabric is odor resistant. Again, especially important when you are wearing something covering your mouth and nose!
3. Hemp becomes softer with each wear. Very important if you are going to be wearing your mask for hours at a time. You will be more likely to wear your mask if it is super comfortable and not causing abrasion to your delicate facial skin.
4. Hemp fabric is breathable and moisture-wicking. Masks made from synthetic material will not allow your face to breathe causing uncomfortable sweating. Gross! Hemp fabric adjusts to the temperature of your body (or in this case, face) and will keep you fresh and dry.
5. Hemp fabric is strong. You can wash your face mask repeatedly and it will maintain its shape and structure. You will have it for as long as you need it.
6. Hemp fabric is biodegradable. Disposable face masks are made from a synthetic material that is not biodegradable. Imagine the amount of waste that will be produced from the disposal of these masks worldwide? When we are told that face masks are no longer necessary, you can feel good in knowing that your hemp mask will biodegrade and not clog landfills for years and years.
Efforts Eco-Essentials has begun production of eco-friendly face masks made from hemp and organic cotton. These masks are proudly made in Canada and are available now! Click the image below for more details and to purchase.